This lovely garden is situated in the centre of the coastal fynbos where the flora is at its richest. It encompasses mountain slopes with wind-clipped heathlands, deep gorges with relict forests, flats and marshes with restios, sedges and bulbs, as well as dunes adjacent to the beach with specialised salt-adapted plants. The Garden is renowned for its waterfalls and amber pools.
Please note: We have made temporary access available to the Fynbos and Leopards Kloof trails via a detoured path, please be on the lookout for directional signage.
Because some of the structures are temporary and some sections of the pathways are narrow, visitors are asked to please be careful at all times when using these trails.
The Zigzag trail along with the Oudebos trail that we share between the garden and the Kogelberg Nature Reserve remains closed.
- Telephone: +27(0)28 272 9311
- Fax: +27(0)28 272 9333
- Email: Harold.Porter.NBG@sanbi.org.za
- Mon-Fri: 08h00-16h30
- Weekends & Public Holidays
Garden closing times
Visitors who are already in the garden when the entrance gates close may stay until 18:00 in the winter months (April – October) and 19:00 in the summer months (November – March).
- Adult (18 -59 years) R30.00
- Senior ( 60 years plus) R20.00
- Student (with valid cards) R20.00
- Learner (Gr.1 – Gr.12) R12.00
- Child (under 6 years) Free
- SA Botanical Society members: Free (except for special events)
- Please note that Wild Card Members do not qualify for free entry to SANBI Gardens.
GPS Co-ordinates: 18°55’36.8″E 34°21’06.3″S
- IncludedHarold Porter
- Not IncludedNatureRelaxationHobbyEnthusiastsFamily-fun